Ads is Google’s advertising system, designed to help businesses reach customers through the online environment of the search engine and partner sites. The sites place text or image ads. They appear on the site after the user searches for keywords and phrases related to the company and its products and services. In Google, Ads advertisements usually appear in specific places: at the top and on the right-hand side of search results.
The success of a campaign mainly depends on the correct choice of keywords. These are words or groups of words that form phrases used to find information in search engines. When customers search for these phrases, the ad will be displayed to them. The Google Ads platform works on the principle of pay-per-click (PPC) advertising.
How does Ads benefit you?
Google Ads can bring numerous benefits. Mainly it is driving traffic to your website and building brand awareness. And beyond that?
- Google Ads helps customers find what they are looking for in a faster and more personalised way. Including a unique selling point in your advertising can also help consumers determine why your business is better than your competitors.
- AdWords reminds customers of what they were previously searching for. This ensures that your brand is at the forefront of awareness.
- It helps you optimise your current campaigns and use the results to increase your overall success.
- Plus for local businesses. You can reach customers by focusing on specific regions and cities.
- You can target ads, which means ads follow the customer to other Google sites, such as YouTube, or Facebook.
How to use Ads in a few steps.
- Determine your goals. If you’re going to use Google Ads for branding, the account structure and features will be completely different than for lead generation.
- Develop an audience profile, or ideal customer. This will help you determine who your audience is, what they do, what they search for and what device they use.
- Create a database of keywords. However, before you use them, conduct research using available online tools. Check their cost, competitiveness and scale of use. If the competition is high, the cost per click (CPC) will be higher.
- Group your Ads account into different ad campaigns and ad groups.
- Design a user-friendly website. It should focus on the benefits and features of your product or service. A well-designed landing page should include good quality images, a clear call to action and a clear contact form.
- Include Google Analytics code on the page to track conversions. The key to a successful advertising campaign is routine optimisation and A/B testing.
Which Google Ads campaign to choose?
We distinguish the following types of campaigns:
- In the search network.
Search engine campaigns are tailored to the user’s needs. When you search for a specific product, you are not attacked with ads for every possible product, but only those that match your search results.
- In the advertising network, i.e. Google Display Network.
Graphic creations displayed on sites belonging to Google’s network of partners.
- Product, also known as Google Shopping or Google Merchant.
This is a type of advertising that combines graphic and textual form, allowing direct conversion. A preview of the product is displayed along with its price. Thus, it answers the customer’s basic questions in the purchasing process.
This is video content that can be displayed in any of the channels and videos posted on YouTube. It is an attractive form of advertising in the form of a clip, memorable thanks to appropriate images and sounds. It is worth noting that it is an alternative to advertising on television, with an equally wide reach, but much cheaper.
Google Ads is an inexpensive form of advertising. If managed correctly, it can bring many benefits to any business, from small businesses to large corporations. The key to success is understanding the ins and outs of paid search, bidding strategies, keyword research, account structure, etc. Determine how much you are able to spend on each campaign, set your daily budget accordingly and track your spending. Do keyword research, bid on phrases and exact keywords to get more relevant clicks. When creating your ads, make sure they are interesting and encourage the customer to visit your site. Finally, don’t forget to try different online advertising methods. Test and analyse what works best for you.